2014.05 Seminar "Youth Engaged Citizens"
The main objective of this seminar was to facilitate the exchange between Moroccan youth and young foreigners of common values (freedom, democracy, tolerance, etc). This meeting of youth opened a forum for discussion, information and discussion.
|Name: Youth Engaged Citizens||Duration: 09-13 May 2013||Location: Safi, Morocco|
|Organizers: Association AGIR Ensemble||Supporters: Anna Lindh Foundation|
|Romanian participants: Dana Cristiana Teodorescu (F); Eliza Chirila (F); Adrian Cocardan (M); Savian Boroanca (M)|
It was a gathering of young people decided to exercise their power of speech, to contribute to build a free world, in coherence with all international instruments that help to affirm the universal rights of people.
The purpose of the seminar was to promote active citizenship and the entrepreneurial spirit of young people and encourage their involvement in public life for local citizen’s engagement to improve the consideration of their ideas and proposals. Also, the purpose was to contribute to the strengthening of dialogue, creating spaces for expression, networking and exchange between youth from the both sides of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Capture the interest of young people in the life of the municipality and initiate them in the topic of participatory citizenship;
- Encourage and organize communication between youth through exchange programs;
- Initiate discussions on the participatory process of youth in democracy;
- Sensitize young people about the democratic principles of citizen participation in good governance;
- Give young people the opportunity to be involved in democracy and thus improve their quality of life;
- Improve civil society networks between youth from Morocco and partner countries;
- Allow the appropriation of information and communication technology, as collective reflection support and cooperative production.